Carphone Warehouse had 10 apps live on the official App Stores. Some of them were outdated, while others had a low engagement level. At the same time, mobile is playing a key role in a customer’s research and purchase decision-making process in-store and online.
• Stream:20 delivered a full audit of all Carphone Warehouse apps, a SWOT analysis of competitor apps and outline of best-in-class retail apps from non-competitors.
• Scoping the overarching app functionality to create an app which is relevant for both new and existing customers. The app will change from an acquisition focused retail and buyers guide app to a loyalty app when customers sign up.
• Delivered an Omni-channel marketing strategy to drive app installs and engagement both online and offline.
• Toolkit recommendations to deliver the strategy we outlined.
• Outsourced strategic input meant Carphone Warehouse staff were able to focus on BAU activity at a critical time of year
• App concept deck was pitched to board level marketing department for budget approval and strategy review as part of their wider loyalty program
• For the first time ever, Carphone Warehouse were able to review their app real estates and benchmark versus competitors and best-in-class non competitors in a standardised way